Wednesday 30 December 2020

 FIRST POST! Aug 27 2020

Some 8 years after completing my first wooden boat kit (Billing Boats St Roch), I've decided to invest time and money into a new launch - a Venetian Passenger Boat model by Panart. I actually followed someone else's build-log of this boat a few years ago and it was a stupendous build by someone called Steve Gogs. Sadly, his build-log was lost from the internet after a server crash and that is a great shame, because I was very much hoping to re-read it and benefit from his experience.

Luckily, there are some surviving images of Steve's completed build and I've also found another build-log by a lady called Francesca Castellett, so I'm not going in blind!

The Panart Art.703 is a wonderful kit and I can't wait to start it. I got hooked on the Vaporetto during a couple of visits to Venice and I've wanted to build this kit ever since, but personal challenges in my life prevented it until now. 


The photos below were taken by me in Venice.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment