Sunday 27 December 2020

THE KEEL (part-two)

 Day-3

Tonight I unclamped the dry-test-fit and glued on the Part-3's to the main keel and then inserted the small keel part inbetween. After carefully checking alignment (with the propshaft tube in-situ, I clamped them to let the glue dry. 








Next it's time to fit Parts-17 which (I believe) reinforce the section where the rudder shaft goes...


After that, I placed a straight-edge across the top of the hull and noticed that there were some gaps 😲 but after referring to the big drawing, I could see that there should be some curvature front to back (sorry, stern to bow).



Finally, I placed the deck onto the hull and after gluing all the mating points 🤬 I placed a load of rubber bands around it and weighted it down with some cans (I'd ran out of caviar so I borrowed some beans from a neighbour) 😂



Oh - and I put up some "mood" images and bought some Chianti 🤣




That's it for tonight. Thanks for looking.

UPDATE : Next morning before work, I removed the baked beans 😂 and rubber bands and then applied a bead of glue to all joints like a 'weld' (even though most people would tell me that I didn't need to).


And instead of using the Titebond glue bottle with it's overwide and awkward applicator, I used one of the wife's hair-dying bottle which turned out to be a brilliant applicator! Thanks Garnier 😂




No comments:

Post a Comment