Tuesday 29 December 2020

THE START!

 DAY 1!


Well, it's not much of a start because it's already early evening on a Sunday, but at least it's on the table. 🙂 I'll be writing this log as an inexperienced builder, having only ever built one other boat (St Roch), so if you spot any errors or looming disasters, please do shout out!

 

In between building the early stages of the Vaporetto, I'll be spending some time trying to learn to airbrush. Gotta build a little spray-booth of some sorts. I don't want to go overboard though - just something to allow very small parts to be painted indoors. Large parts (like the hull) will be done in the garage.

 

First job is to layout the drawings, identify the parts and write down the part numbers. Done! Sadly, I've got to leave it at that due to an amateur-radio net which is about to commence in 10 minutes. If I get time, I'll do more later this evening.  Oh yes, nearly forgot - the RC Motor arrived yesterday after a loooong delay. Not sure if I'll actually be making this in an RC model, but I've got the option.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment